CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
We now invite you to nominate someone who embodies Ed’s legacy. All nominees will receive honorary First Amendment Voice membership for a year.
Please provide a one-page write up on why your nominee exemplifies the qualities listed below. Strong nominees will have comments addressing all seven qualities.
- Relentless service to others
- Willingness to work across ideological boundaries for the common good
- Fearless advocate of the First Amendment principles
- Overcomes setbacks; strives on in the face of adversity
- Exhibits results-oriented strategic thinking
- Inspires others to give of time, talent or resources
- Consummate networking to connect organizations & people for community impact
- Restrictions: Past awardees, FAV board and staff, and self-nominations are not eligible. However, previous nominees who did not receive the Lowry Award are eligible.
PARTNERS & MEMBERS
LEARN HOW TO
Spot Fake News
Respond to Divisive Rhetoric
Address a Controversial Topic
Guard Against Fearmongering
Much of the hyper-polarized rhetoric in the U.S. in recent years has swirled around the issue of voting, such as the Electoral College’s capacity to override the popular vote in deciding the next president, the potential benefits of rank-choice voting, alarm over...
If you’ve watched or read the news lately, then you know it’s next to impossible to check on what’s happening in the world without coming across a story or video about Russia’s recent invasion of Ukraine. As many as 6.5 million Ukrainians have been displaced so far in...
We know there are many research-backed benefits to volunteering, but it can be challenging to find new ways to get more involved in our communities while balancing other personal and professional obligations. In the spirit of our upcoming Edward D. Lowry Memorial...