PARTNERS & MEMBERS
Civics vs Politics
What do you think?
TO LEARN HOW TO
Spot Fake News
Respond to Divisive Rhetoric
Address a Controversial Topic
Guard Against Fearmongering
On September 14, 2022, a 22-year-old Kurdish-Iranian woman by the name of Mahsa Amini was imprisoned by Iran’s morality police for “improper hijab.” Two days later, she was pronounced dead while still in police custody. In this blog post, we’re going to examine how...
Vet The Vote: How Veterans and Families are Choosing to Serve their Country, Again First Amendment Voice recently partnered with Vet The Vote and nearly twenty other organizations—including the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, NFL, National Military Family...
Social media platforms have become some of the most prominent arenas for debates over freedom of speech in recent years. While the First Amendment is intended to protect citizens from the government’s infringement of our rights to freedom of speech, the law is less...
We now invite you to nominate someone who embodies Ed’s legacy. All nominees will receive honorary First Amendment Voice membership for a year.
Please provide a one-page write up on why your nominee exemplifies the qualities listed below. Strong nominees will have comments addressing all seven qualities.
- Relentless service to others
- Willingness to work across ideological boundaries for the common good
- Fearless advocate of the First Amendment principles
- Overcomes setbacks; strives on in the face of adversity
- Exhibits results-oriented strategic thinking
- Inspires others to give of time, talent or resources
- Consummate networking to connect organizations & people for community impact
- Restrictions: Past awardees, FAV board and staff, and self-nominations are not eligible. However, previous nominees who did not receive the Lowry Award are eligible.