CITIZENSHIP IS NOT
A SPECTATOR SPORT
In March 2020, FAV announced the intention to present the Edward D. Lowry Memorial Award for Citizenship annually. On May 21st, 2021, FAV hosted the inaugural Edward D. Lowry Award for Citizenship. On May 20th, 2022, FAV will host the second annual Lowry Award.
A man who worked graciously with people from many ideologies in order to solve important problems in the community, Ed instilled in us that everyone has something to give, no matter where they came from. Ed was never above sitting down and having a conversation and learning from someone from a different walk of life and truly valuing what they had to say.
VIRTUAL EVENT AWARD CEREMONY
- Relentless service to others
- Willingness to work across ideological boundaries for the common good
- Fearless advocate of the First Amendment principles
- Overcomes setbacks; strives on in the face of adversity
- Exhibits results-oriented strategic thinking
- Inspires others to give of time, talent or resources
- Consummate networking to connect organizations & people for community impact
PAST WINNER STEPHANIE ANTKOWIAK
Winners receive Lifetime Membership to First Amendement Voice and VIP access to all future National Symposia.
FAV’s blog writer, Kelly Kehoe, and communications coordinator, Haley Henderson, sat down with Stephanie Antkowiak, who won the Edward Lowry Memorial Award for Citizenship last year, to discuss the impact of winning the award on her work in the last year.