We at FAV are pleased to announce that we will be awarding the Ed Lowry Memorial Award for Citizenship starting this year.
Honor the life and legacy of Edward D. Lowry by recognizing outstanding civic engagement and encouraging citizens to serve others and engage on issues of importance in their communities.
- Relentless service to others
- Able to work across ideological differences for the common good
- Fearless advocate of the First Amendment and its champions
- Overcomes setbacks; strives on in the face of adversity
- Exhibits strategic thinking but able to translate that into results
- Inspirational: encourages others to give of time, talent or resources
- Consummate networking to connect organizations & people for community impact
Submissions Deadline: March 1st, 2021
Format: email firstname.lastname@example.org one page writeup on why the nominee best exemplifies the qualities above. Submissions will be considered for award and recognition during the annual Symposium. Self-nominations are not encouraged. We will consider nominations that best emulate the life and legacy of Ed Lowry whose tireless work benefited countless individuals and organizations within his community.
Nominators should provide their name, relationship to the nominee & contact information
Restrictions: FAV board and staff not eligible.
March 2020 – award announcement
1 March 2021 – nomination deadline
15 March 2021 – nomination committee selects top candidates
15 April 2021 – FAV announces 2021 Lowry Award Recipient
TBD May 2021 – Lowry Award Reception